Luscious Pumpkin Body Butter
Ever get annoyed at the pumpkin puree left over from recipes that don’t use the whole can? Now there is something sublime you can do with it: Whip up this luscious body butter, a beta-carotene feast to moisturize, nourish and smooth your skin. Pumpkin Body Butter is easy to make, smells absolutely heavenly and does simply divine things for your skin. Pumpkins—they’re not just for pie anymore!
Pumpkin puree has enzymes and antioxidants that offer results similar to gentle alpha-hydroxy action: It removes dead dull cells, while its beta-carotene-rich antioxidants nourish your skin. Coconut solids are a lovely natural moisturizer, and ground cinnamon is gently warming, stimulating and antibacterial.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, preferably organic
- 1/2 cup solids from a can of coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Mix ingredients in a bowl. Apply generously to clean skin (standing or sitting on a towel, if you like), massaging gently to work well into the skin.
2. Allow to remain on for 10 minutes or so, then rinse with warm water and pat dry.
By Cait Johnson, author of Witch in the Kitchen (Inner Traditions, 2001).