Magical Secrets of Rosemary
Most of us are familiar with the fragrant rosemary herb, whose name means “dew of the sea.” But did you know that it is said that where a healthy, hearty rosemary plant grows, there lives a strong woman?
Rosemary has been a favorite herb of Wise Ones for a very long time, with many magical uses that may be new to you. Learn some of the secrets of rosemary here:
Rosemary may be used fresh, dried, or as a pure essential oil. In dried form, it may be burned as incense. Both fresh and dried rosemary may be made into teas and infusions. It is a beneficent and kindly herb, indeed.
1. Rosemary is lucky for brides.
2. Rosemary is soothing and calming for funeral parties.
3. Rosemary is revivifying and stimulating for weary, nervous people.
4. Rosemary helps to banish low spirits.
5. Rosemary helps to clear the mind and improve memory, and will aid in dispelling drowsiness.
6. A rosemary sprig beneath your pillow will drive away troublesome dreams and anxious crowding thoughts.
Adapted from Earth Magic, by Claire Nahmad (Inner Traditions, 1994. Copyright (c) 1994 by Claire Nahmad. Reprinted by permission of Inner Traditions.
Adapted from Earth Magic, by Claire Nahmad (Inner Traditions, 1994.