By Sara Novak, Planet Green
There’s nothing more fresh than the deliciously tart smell of citrus peels grinding in the garbage disposal. Imagine that wonderful crisp smell in the form of a candle? Now you can. These simplistic yet adorable little candles are easy to make at home.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Organic citrus fruits like lemons and oranges
An essential oil
- Cut the fruit in half and scoop out all of the pulp evenly.
- Carve out a small hole, whatever shape that you like, in the middle of the lid (the top part of the citrus peel).
- Use a needle to thread the wick through on the bottom so that you do not create too large of a hole.
- Tie the end of the wick off with a tiny knot.
- Melt the beeswax using a double boiler. Make the double boiler with the cooking pot on the outside and the tin can on the inside, pouring the water in the cooking pot.
- Once the wax has melted, pour the wax in the citrus bowl that you just made, holding the wick straight up.
- Add a drop of essential oil.
- Let the candle set and then place the lid back on top.