8 1/2 -by-11-inch construction or art paper
Water-based paint or ink
Nature objects such as leaves and seedpods
Paintbrush, 1/2 to 1 inch wide ==
1. For each fold-over note, cut a piece of the paper to 6 by 11 inches.
2. Spread some paint evenly on a paper or washable plate.
3. Lay the natural object in the paint. If you are using a leaf, lay the vein side down into the paint. Make a sample print on newsprint or scrap paper to see whether you have too much or too little paint. Once you’ve determined how much paint to use, dip the leaf again.
4. After the notes have dried, fold them in three sections–two equal sections of 4 inches each, and one that is 3 inches.
5. Fold the 3-inch flap down. After you have written your letter, seal the flap in place with a sticker.
Adapted from Natural Crafts, by Marilyn Tower Oliver (Stackpole Books, 1994).