If there’s anything we can unequivocally say about Care2 Healthy Living readers, it’s that you love, love, love quinoa! In that spirit, I’m sharing my absolute favorite quinoa recipe. I like to eat them with a couple of cut-up veggies and tahini sauce on pita bread, but feel free to experiment (leave some ideas in the comments!) Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 30 oz. garbanzo beans
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 teaspoons coriander
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small-medium saucepan. Add quinoa, reduce heat to low & cover. Cook for about 12 minutes, or until the liquid has absorbed. Set aside and let cool.
2. Pulse carrots and parsley in a food processor. Add in green onion, sesame seeds, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, garlic cloves, eggs, cumin and coriander. If desired, season with salt and pepper. When the mixture is combined (it doesn’t have to be smooth — just mixed well) add in cooled quinoa and lightly pulse some more. Let it set in the fridge for about an hour.
3. Add about a tablespoon of oil to a nonstick pan and heat to medium-high. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons and shape into patties, rolling and flattening the mixture. Cook on each side for about three minutes, and lightly press down with a spatula to thin it out if need be. Continue with the remaining patties.