“You look tired…” Ah. Those dreaded three words. Thanks to the lovely dark circles and bags that appear for a laundry list of reasons; heredity, water retention, allergies, toxins, hormones, etc., at times we don’t seem as alert and vibrant as we’d like. Try the natural solutions below and you’ll be struttin’ around, wide-awake before you know it.
• A healthy well balanced diet is key but there’s new info that says eating two kiwis a day in yogurt can help to eliminate bags.
• Plenty of H20. Drinking water helps flush the toxins from your body as well as reduce water retention. Try restricting caffeine as this can also bloat you.
• No more salt. This is such a simple little tip with big results. Try limiting salt for a week and notice the difference.
• Place cotton balls soaked in milk under your eyes for a few minutes. The lactic acid in the milk helps reduce puffiness and darkness.
• Take protective eye wear or swim goggles; fill with water and freeze. Place on eyes for five minutes.
• Freeze a couple of spoons over night. In the morning rest them on your eyes until they are not cold any longer. If you make an effort to do this every morning you will see a big difference in about two weeks.
• Slice one small piece off of a potato, and cut the slice in half. Put each slice under your eyes and leave them under your eyes for 20 minutes.
• Place two thin lemon slices directly onto your bags or circles. Don’t squeeze your eyes tightly but be careful not to open. After 20 minutes carefully rinse off with cold water.
• Soak two cucumbers in lemon juice for 3-5 minutes. To help get rid of dark circles and puffiness place cucumbers on your eyes for about 10-15 minutes.