If you think long and hard about your home you will know and be able to identify which locations have “stuck” energy. Clutter tends to collect in such areas, and the light is often dim. They are usually places from which you have removed your attention. I have a couple of halls like this: although I travel them daily, they are forgotten. Forgotten, but they hold energy of neglect. Parts of myself?
Here are nine basic feng shui cures for those forgotten spots in our homes that could use some energy to enliven them and refresh their purpose in your home:
1. Lights that are bright, and objects that refract light like mirrors.
2. Sounds such as from wind chimes.
3. Living objects such as plants and companion animals.
4. Solid objects such as statues.
5. Moving objects such as wind socks, and mobiles.
6. Electrically powered objects such as water fountains.
7. Symbols which are meaningful to you.
8. Color. See: How Color Feels in the Home.
9. Ribbons and fringes placed on areas of energy obstruction, such as hard corners.
By Annie B. Bond