Listen, laugh & learn with the Green Divas (and Green Dude Scott) anytime - Podcast here!
Once again, we had one of our favorite guests, Green Dude Paul Miller, Coordinator for the Town of Morristown Office of Sustainability, in the studio with us. Of course, we carried on quite a bit about the benefits of supporting your local community in terms of food, farms, businesses, charities, etc.
Green Diva Lisa did a mouth-watering segment on why we should eat dark chocolate (fair trade please!) or give it to a special someone we love for Valentine’s Day. Some surprising reasons to consider the healthy attributes of chocolate! Here are just a few of the reasons she talked about:
- Eat about 3 to 4 oz a day (LOVE this idea!)
- It is good for your heart and stimulates your endorphin production
- Chocolate is high in flavonoids which you are the goodies you find in cranberries, apples, onions, tea and red wine
- It can lower blood pressure
- Dark chocolate can lower the bad boy LDL cholesterol by up to 10 percent
- 1/3 of the fat is the same as olive oil
- 1/3 of the fat had a neutral affect
- 1/3 is the not-so-good fat
- Has 300 compounds and healthy biochemicals in each bite
- Eat chocolate with at least 65 percent cocoa in it
- Improves blood flow to the brain and heart (two very sexy organs)
- More on the Green Divas blog post for this podcast . . .