Gratitude is such a powerful thing: it opens doors to joy, love, and abundance. This simple traditional practice is a beautiful and inspiring way to embody gratitude.
1. Take a few moments to identify three things for which you are truly, deeply grateful right now, this moment.
2. Now find a bowl that you find beautiful or meaningful, or, if you don’t have such a bowl, just take a soup bowl that you use often. Fill your bowl with water and bring it with you to a quiet place.
3. Write the three things that fill you with gratitude on three very small pieces of paper, one for each thing. Fold them so they are small, like seeds.
4. Place your gratitude seeds carefully on top of the water in the bowl. You may add floating candles or flower petals, if you wish.
5. Spend some time simply watching. How long do your “seeds” float? Enjoy the beauty of bowl, water, candles, flowers. When the candles have burned out or the seeds have gone to the bottom of the bowl, remove the candles and take the water, seeds, and petals outdoors. Pour them out on the earth with a prayer of thanks.