Take all of your expertise and trade it in for wonder.
This author, who studied with the Toltec shaman known as Don Juan immortalized by Carlos Castendada, as well as with Tibetan shamans, was taught many traditional techniques that offer both healing and enlightenment. The book is filled with helpful exercises that help us to access ancient and powerful paths to healing.
Here are five basic steps that can help us along the path to freedom and joy, healing and enlightenment, a sort of condensing into a magical nutshell of the authorís amazing learning experiences. Find out what they are:
1. Listen. Trust the truth of your own inner language at least as much as you trust the syntax of any limited cognitive system. In such a manner you will become multilingual. Strive to corroborate the accuracy of your own inner hearing, and foster sobriety, so as to increase it. Honor your own inner language and your inner hearing. Practice continually. Test the truths you receive by contemplating their guidance with fidelity and compassion. Then, as with anything, continually reprise, distill, and refine your understanding.
2. Heart. A good rule to remember in life is that the body doesnít lie, and the best guide in the body is an open loving heart. Follow your heart.
3. See. See all experience as a Dream. Original awareness is like a luminous empty mirror. That empty mirror is very clarified and malleable at its best, so that it functions rather like a window, or like a sheet of pure water, or as a two-way mirror, rather than like a barrier of self-reflection, or a smoking obsidian, or a television screen.
4. Dream. Engage in wholesome practices such as Dreaming that awaken and nurture the developing energy body and the subtle mind, which are your vessel of evolution, your guide toward all healing, and the portion of your being that will journey to and beyond death.
5. Love. All being is sacred and needs to be treated in a sacred manner. Beginning or redirecting your life in this way will gradually release you from the fetters that are caused by the profane and abusive acts at other levels of awareness.