Feeling nuttty? Swap almond extract for peppermint extract, and chopped pistachios for crushed candy canes!
Chocolate ‘Brownie’ Thins with Chopped Pistachios.
- 2 Ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch coarse kosher salt
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/4 Cup chopped candy canes
1. Place rack in lower 1/3 of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheets with butter.
2. Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Zap for about 1 minute on medium-high power, or until nearly melted. Remove from microwave and whisk until smooth in consistency. Whisk in egg and sugar until smooth, another minute or so. Whisk in flour, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and salt until lightly blended. Let the batter sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
3. Evenly space batter on cookie sheets, about 1 rounded teaspoonful each. You should have about 12 cookies per baking sheet. Lightly coat plastic wrap with nonstick spray, and place the plastic wrap over the cookies, sprayed side down. Press down on each batter round with your fingers so the cookies are about 2 1/2″ inches round. Take plastic wrap off cookies, and immediately sprinkle crushed candy canes over them.
4. Bake one sheet of cookies at a time for about 7 minutes, or until they’re firm in the center and a little darker around the edges. Let cookies cool on rack for 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Let cool completely before enjoying.
Recipe Adapted From:Epicurious.