Earlier this month, I let you all in on the best Brussels sprouts recipe for people that, well, don’t really like them. Since then, I’ve been a little too obsessed with finding other recipes for the contentious veggie . I’ve had more misses than I care to remember.. until this recipe, from 101 Cookbooks, caught my eye. Enjoy!
Parmesan-Crusted Brussels Sprouts
- 24 small Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed & cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to rub onto the sprouts
- Sea salt & freshly-ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
1. Lightly coat Brussels sprouts with olive oil.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add sprouts, flat side down, in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and let cook until the sprouts are just tender, and the bottoms are just slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove cover and turn up heat. With a metal spatula, toss the sprouts around twice while cooking until the sprouts’ flat side is caramelized. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Recipe Credit: 101 Cookbooks