Earlier this week, we brought you great recipes for homemade chips and salsa for your Cinco de Mayo Fiesta. We’d be remiss if we didn’t provide a recipe for another favorite dip. Try out this guacamole, and come back tomorrow for some drink recipes!
- 2-3 Cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Serrano chiles, stems removed
- 3 Ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 Small white onion, finely chopped
- Coarse Salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Finely chop the garlic and chiles. Transfer to bowl.
2. Score the avocados in a crosshatch pattern. Don’t go through the skin. Using a spoon, scoop out into bowl with garlic and chiles. Mash with the back of a spoon or a potato masher. Stir in cilantro and herbs, and combine. Add salt and lime juice to taste.
Recipe Adapted From: Rick Bayless.
Earlier: Homemade Chips and Salsa (Recipes)