- Fly direct whenever possible.
- Airlines require animals to be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling.
- Only pets in good health and behavior can fly.
- Bring copies of current medical and vaccination records from your vet.
- To avoid temperature extremes, fly at night in the summer and during the day in winter months.
- Contact the airline to reserve a space for your pet as early as possible.
- Reconfirm this within 36 hours of departure.
- Make sure the carrier is clearly labeled with your name, phone number, and e-mail.
- Keep your dog’s collar on. It should have a tag that clearly shows his name and your contact information, including a phone number where you can be reached during your travels.
Next: Keep your pet comfortable