Pickled Red Grapes (Recipe)
Easy to make and surprisingly delicious, these pickled grapes are a perfect addition to an antipasto platter, a salad or, my preferred way, on top of vanilla ice cream.
Pickled Red Grapes
- 1 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 Vanilla bean
- 1/4 Teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/8 Teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 Pounds red grapes, washed and removed from stems
1. Add vinegar, sugar and 1/4 cup water to a small saucepan. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, cloves, peppercorns and mustard seeds to a quart jar; funnel grapes over spices. Pour hot vinegar-sugar mixture over grapes and spices. Let cool, put the lid on, and stick the in fridge for at least 24 hours before using.
Recipe Credit: Serious Eats.