Plastic Tip: Of course, there’s a reason that we say, “reduce, reuse, recycle.” They’re sort of in order of importance. The best way to combat waste from plastic bottle caps? Don’t buy products in plastic bottles!
9. A pair of plastic bottle caps plus some dry rice and a few stickers makes adorable mini shakers for the kids to play with.
10. Separate your caps by color, and use them to create plastic cap collages.
11. Are you a seamstress? Plastic bottle caps make a good base for a mini pincushion.
12. Create moulds and turn old plastic caps into a new knife handle! WARNING: melting plastic indoors is not super great for your indoor air quality. Crack a window open, turn your fans on high, and try to stay out of the room when you’re not checking on the project’s progress.
13. Love and Lollipops shows you how to turn old plastic caps into sweet miniature cakes.
14. String up multi-colored plastic caps along with other salvaged plastic to make stunning trash streamers.
15. Martha Stewart made these bottlecap pushpins out of metal caps, but plastic would work just as well.
Creative Commons photo by s.schmitz