During meditation, it may help you to visualize a particular healing image from which come traditional health-giving energies of light, heat, and bliss. Called a source of power, these images will inspire you and tap into the power of your mind and bolster it.
Here is a meditation that focuses on a positive power image again and again to train your mind in a healing cycle of positive thought and feeling (and yes, power images are suggested):
Choose any image that seems appropriate and inspirational. For example, it could be a
* benevolent, sunlike ball of light,
* fear-dispelling flame,
* a cloud in the free and open sky,
* a sacred symbol or image from Christianity or any other religion,
* an image of a powerful saint or being,
* or you could simply call forth the healing energies from the sky above, from the air or space around you, or from your mind.
Choose anything that taps into the power of your mind.
The meditations are focused on the body as a whole. The goal is the well-being of mind and body as well as healing or easing particular ailments in the body. Always open up the meditation to the body as a whole.
At the beginning of the meditations, visualize a source of power, resting long enough upon the image to feel its healing power. Then see, feel, and believe that the healing energies are streaming forth from this source to your body.
The emphasis is on a relaxed and open flow of energy.