Sometimes, despite our best intentions, the little buzzers manage to sneak a snack–on us! The next time you or your little ones get an itchy bug bite, try these quick and simple remedies. They are all kid-friendly and very effective, as well as being completely safe and natural.
My favorite uses an ingredient you probably have sitting in a bowl on your kitchen countertop: Use banana peel to take the itch out of mosquito bites. Just rub the pulpy inside surface of the peel on the bite.
Or try these remedies:
1. Rub the bite with soap.
2. Apply an ice pack to the bite.
3. Mix baking soda with enough water to make a paste and apply to the bite.
4. Apply lavender and tea tree oils with a swab.
5. Rub a piece of freshly-cut onion on the bite.
6. A dab of toothpaste is soothing, too.
By Cait Johnson, Assistant Producer, Care2 Healthy Living Newsletters.
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.