Quick & Tasty Brazilian Cheese Bread
I first had these little chewy cheese puffs as a vegetarian at a Brazilian-style steakhouse. And believe me, I ate the whole basket! I’m not one to frequent steakhouses, so I was sadly without my beloved cheese bread until I found this spot-on version from Simply Recipes. Craving = satisfied!
These tasty little morsels, known as pćo de queijo in Portuguese, are the perfect side for (almost) any dinner. I especially like to dip them in tomato soup. But if you’re anything like me, you’ll find excuses to make them, no matter what the meal!
Added bonus: they’re gluten-free!
Pćo de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
- 1 room-temperature egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup packed grated cheese*
- 1 tsp salt
* Queso fresco, cheddar and parmesan all taste great. Experiment!
- Mini-muffin tin, greased
- Blender or food processor
1. Combine ingredients in blender or food processor until batter is smooth. This may require scraping the sides with a spatula and re-blending.
2. Scoop batter into greased mini-muffin tin.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Bread should be lightly browned and puffy. Enjoy!