Quiz: What Color Does Your Home Need?
Color is one of the easiest and most effective ways to change the atmosphere of a home, and to improve our overall well-being. For instance, if you’re feeling low-energy and blah, there’s one color that will really deliver an energy-boost. Or if you’ve been frazzled and on edge, there is another that can calm and soothe you. There are healing secrets in color that can really help to balance the feeling in your home.
Take this simple quiz to see what your home may need, right here:
Make note of any statements that are true for you or others living in your home. The color antidotes appear at the end of the quiz.
1. My self-confidence is low and I lack a healthy will.
2. I crave more passion and excitement in my life.
3. I need to move more!
4. I don’t eat very much and never really feel hungry.
5. I want to create a cheerful, convivial atmosphere that encourages social gatherings.
6. I feel “heavy” and dispirited a good portion of the time.
7. I need to think more clearly and multi-task more efficiently.
8. I crave more time in nature.
9. I need more of a refreshing sense of growth and hope.
10. I tend to be nervous and tense in general.
11. My blood pressure is on the high side.
12. I find it hard to feel serene, and sometimes have difficulty sleeping.
13. I eat too much.
If you answered “true” to 1, 2, or 3, RED will be helpful to you.
If you answered “true” to 4 or 5, ORANGE will be beneficial.
If you answered “true” to 6 or 7, YELLOW will be cheering and lightening.
If you answered “true” to 8 or 9, GREEN will be helpful.
If you answered “true” to 10, 11, 12, or 13, BLUE will be calming and helpful.
For more on colors, see How Color Feels in the Home.
By Cait Johnson, author of Earth, Water, Fire, and Air (Skylight Paths, 2003).