Native American traditions speak of four powers, or Spirit Keepers, associated with the four directions, animals, colors, and qualities, that may be honored and invoked, celebrated and worked with in order to bring ourselves into better balance with What Is.
Take this simple quiz to see which Native American Spirit Keeper would be most helpful to you now:
Look at the following sets of three statements. Which set of three is most true for you?
1. I long for a sense of renewal and quickening in my life.
2. I desire more clarity.
3. I feel that increased intelligence, intensity, and purity would be helpful to me now.
1. I long for transformation in my life.
2. I desire to be more grounded.
3. I feel that increased endurance, stability, and introspection would be helpful to me now.
1. I long for illumination.
2. I desire a sense of awakening and newness.
3. I feel that increased Light, spirituality, and far-sightedness would be helpful to me now.
1. I long for discovery in my life.
2. I desire a sense of unfolding and organic growth.
3. I feel that increased vitality, intuition and awareness of feelings would be helpful to me now.
If you chose A, you need the Power of the North.
The Power of the North clarifies the mind and purifies our mental being.
If you chose B, you need the Power of the West.
Animal: Grizzly Bear
The Power of the West activates the intelligence of the physical body and enables it to work with the material substances that constitute our flesh, blood and bones.
If you chose C, you need the Power of the East.
The Power of the East enables us to be enlightened with sudden flashes of inspiration and understanding through our innermost “self,” which is the noblest aspect of our total being.
If you chose D, you need the Power of the South.
The Power of the South empowers and strengthens the intuitive “self.”
Spend some time facing or contemplating the direction you chose. Connect with those qualities within you. You may want to petition the power animal of that direction to help and guide you.