I was inspired to make this recipe when I discovered some gorgeous radishes at my local farmers market. This simple salad is perfect for a quick summer lunch.
2 bunches of radishes (see note)
½ cup of sliced Spring onions
3-4 hard-boiled eggs
1 teaspoon of mustard
Salt and pepper
Note: The proper storage of radishes can really make a difference. Radishes will keep for a while, but you need to wash them, trim off their tops, and then store them in water in the refrigerator.
1. Begin by prepping the dressing. Squeeze the lemon juice into a large measuring cup or bowl. Add the spring onions and mustard. Whisk in olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Slice the radishes into rounds (about 1½ cups of sliced radishes to serve 4)
3. Cut the hard boiled eggs into quarters
4. Place the parsley on a serving platter as the base of the salad. Compose the radishes and hard-boiled eggs on top of the parsley. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
5. Serve with some fresh butter and bread for a fabulous farm-style lunch.
Jen Dalton is an organic home cook and slow food organizer who uses fresh local ingredients. This summer she is partnering with Care2.com and LocalHarvest.org to promote the “Love Your Farmer’s Market” contest. Jen’s 7 episode cooking show will raise awareness of local foods and community farmers markets. Be sure to visit the Love Your Farmers Market contest website to vote for your favorite market: