This soup is full spectrum of color, hence the rainbow! It’s a nurturing soup for a cold night by the fire or for a light dinner during the holiday season.
3 ½ cups fresh beets, cubed small
1 medium red potato, cubed
1 ½ cups carrots, cubed
2 cups sweet onions, cubed
3 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 cup peas, frozen
1 cup corn, frozen
8 cups water
1 cup organic potato flakes
1 teaspoon *Bragg’s mineral seasoning
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon granulated onion
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Steam beets in pot until just tender about 15 minutes. Save ½ cup of the steam water for later use.
2. Sauté carrots and onions in medium soup pot in olive oil. Cook over medium heat until crisp tender for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add potatoes and water to pot and bring to a boil. Add in beets, reduce heat and cook for another 30 minutes until potatoes are tender. Add in ½ cup left over water from steaming the beets for added color.
4. Sauté mushrooms in frying pan with butter until tender. Add to soup and cook another 10 minutes. Add potato flakes and seasonings (potato flakes will slightly thicken the soup.)
5. Remove from heat and add frozen peas and corn.
Total cooking time: 1 hour
Tips from the HeartMath kitchen
* Bragg Liquid Aminos is a certified non-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans.