Raw Artichoke Salad (Recipe)
You don’t even need to turn the stove on for this recipe! Raw artichokes are tossed in lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic and placed over a bed of arugula. Simple, quick — only 15 minutes — and easy.
Raw Artichoke Salad
- 4 Baby Artichokes
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove, smashed
- Coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Handfuls arugula
- 10 Pitted Kalamata olives (optional)
- Parmesan or romano for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare artichokes. Cut and remove stems. Using a serrated knife, cut the top one inch off. Remove tough, dark leaves from artichokes. Thinly slice artichokes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour on olive oil. Toss to coat.
2. Place arugula on serving platter. Top with artichokes and optional olives. If desired, garnish with grated parmesan.
Recipe adapted from: New York Times.