Receive a Message from Wind
The answer, my friends, is blowing in the wind.
The ancient Israelites used the wind directly as a means of divination. The wind spoke to them through its motion in the trees. Like many other literate cultures, they would also cast words “randomly” to find answers to questions.
Now you can learn a simple and fascinating technique to receive a personal message from the wind. Here’s how:
1. Make a list of thirty to forty words. A mix of nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs is best.
2. Pick ten to fifteen of these words.
3. Write each of the words that you have chosen on a separate small piece of paper.
4. Take the pieces of paper outside when a gentle breeze is blowing.
5. You may either ask a general question or just see what happens.
6. Place the pieces of paper on the ground.
7. Let the wind scatter them.
8. Decide beforehand how you will pick up the pieces (clockwise, counterclockwise, etc.).
9. Pick the pieces up, one on top of the other.
10. Read them from top to bottom and write them out in the order you have picked them.
11. What does this say to you?
12. Now use the words in any order and make a sentence out of them.
13. What does this say to you?
Adapted from How to Read Signs and Omens in Everyday Life, by Sarvananda Bluestone (Inner Traditions, 2002). Copyright (c) 2002 by Saravananda Bluestone. Reprinted by permission of Inner Traditions.
Adapted from How to Read Signs and Omens in Everyday Life, by Sarvananda Bluestone (Inner Traditions, 2002).