This sinfully delicious dessert is perfect for a romantic evening or to satisfy a chocolate craving. It can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
- 6–10 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 large avocado
- 3 tbsp. organic cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1. Wash the strawberries. Remove hulls and cut into slices. Peel the banana and cut into slices. Set aside.
2. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove pit. Scoop the flesh into a medium-sized bowl.
3. Add the cocoa powder and maple syrup. Using a hand blender, mash the avocado, cocoa, and maple syrup together until the cocoa powder is integrated. Blend until smooth.
4. To serve, place a scoop of the chocolate-avocado mixture into the bottom of two wine glasses. Add a layer of banana slices. Add a layer of strawberry slices. Continue layering the chocolate mixture with the bananas and strawberries until all ingredients are used.
Tip: This dessert is best when served immediately.
Adapted with permission from the book Healing Recipes by Michelle Schoffro Cook, PhD.