Relationship Reboot: Celebrate a Weird Anniversary
I’ll be honest…I never really got the point of celebrating monthly anniversaries. Not to say that a year together is somehow more significant than 11 months, but if you ask me, a monthly appointment is for paying your credit card bills, tampon purchases, and getting your eyebrows waxed, not revving up the romance.
That said, I’m also a hypocrite—because I love the idea of celebrating the weird anniversaries, noting special dates that aren’t just related to your first date or the date of your wedding. It’s light-hearted, low-pressure, and a great excuse to walk down memory lane. Plus, you can fudge the exact date a bit if you can’t remember it.
This month, why not celebrate…
- The day you made it Facebook official
- The first time you said “I love you”
- The first time you knew you wanted to say it
- The day you got a pet together
- …or a plant
- The first time you slept together
- The first time you actually slept together
- The weekend you met each other’s parents and survived
- Your first trip together