5 Simple Tips for Repelling Pests
It’s picnic season, and perfect weather for camping, hiking, or a stroll around the block. But those dratted pests–flies, mosquitoes, wasps, and more–can really ruin the fun.
Here are five great tips from our natural-living expert that will help repel biting and buzzing pests without using toxic products that can harm your health and the environment. Some of these tips are actually great for your health–and they’re so easy!
1. If you’re camping, bring along some coriander seed or lemon balm leaves to throw on the campfire. Both are great pest deterrents.
2. When you launder your outerwear, add a few drops of essential oil of lavender to the rinse water. You’ll think your clothes smell heavenly, but the pests won’t!
3. A tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar, taken once a day, can make your skin unattractive to biting pests. And apple cider vinegar offers general health benefits, too!
4. Garlic doesn’t just repel vampires. Eat lots of it, and the pests should stay away. (And besides, garlic is good for you.)
5. A daily dose of vitamin B1 may keep pests away, too.
By Annie B. Bond