Roasted Pumpkin with Sage and Shallots (Recipe)
You can use fresh rosemary, oregano or thyme (or a combination of these) in lieu of fresh sage.
Roasted Pumpkin with Sage and Shallots
- 1 Medium Sugar Pumpkin
- 4 Shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 Cup fresh sage leaves
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove the top and bottom of the pumpkin.Peel skin off with a vegetable peeler. Remove seeds and stringy gunk in the center of the pumpkin, then cut into 2-inch chunks.
2. Evenly divide pumpkin, shallots and sage between to large, rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle about 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over each baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
3. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove baking sheets having through roasting to toss, rotating the position of each sheet. Serve immediately.
Recipe Credit: Martha Stewart.