Roasted Spring Vegetables (Recipe)
Spring has sprung, and with it comes a whole new array of in-season vegetables. If you’re as excited as I am about spring vegetables, then, by all means, go a little crazy at the farmer’s market and snap up some of these tasty veggies. Below you’ll find the most basic recipe for roasted spring vegetables, like carrots, spring onions, turnips, asparagus, radishes, sugar snap peas, and beets. But you can also upgrade this recipe with a number of different fresh or dried herbs, rosemary, oregano, thyme, parsley, chives, etc. Another twist? Try adding two or three tablespoons of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar.
Roasted Spring Vegetables
- 1 pound spring vegetables (see ideas above)
- 6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Oven Temperature: 450 degrees
1. Cut vegetables into similar-sized pieces (this is very important!)
2. In a large bowl, combine veggies, oil & garlic. Season with salt, pepper and herbs and toss to coat evenly.
3. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Vegetables are done when they’re tender & golden brown.