Here are 11 wise and simple tips for feeling your healthy best, no matter what your age!
Learn the secrets of staying youthful, vital and fully alive.
1. Do you get enough sleep? Getting plenty of quality, sound sleep allows your body to rest, recharge, repair, and replenish so you’ll be rarin’ to go the next day.
2. Are you inspired by life? Picking up a new hobby, finding a new challenge, or reading more will stimulate your brain.
3. Are you a “people person?” When we reach out and try to help someone every day, we feel more engaged with life.
4. Do you pace yourself? Scurrying though life can be stressful and aging. When we slow down and become more mindful of our activities, we enjoy them more.
5. Do you have a companion animal? Studies show that pet owners live healthier, happier, less stressful lives.
6. Do you hydrate? Dry skin ages prematurely, so using a good moisturizing lotion is always a good idea. So is drinking 8 glasses of pure water every day!
7. Do you protect your skin from prolonged exposure to the sun? Although studies show that we need 10 minutes of unprotected sun every day, more than that (even with sunscreen) can be damaging.
8. Do you eat fresh, whole foods? Real, unprocessed food is what our bodies need. Junky empty calories may satisfy a temporary craving, but the whole stuff is what keeps us feeling and looking our best.
9. Do you exercise daily? Keep moving to keep joints flexible, heart healthy, skin glowing, and energy-levels high.
10. Do you have a positive attitude? This is probably the single most important determining factor for living a long and happy life. Pollyanna was right: think positive!
11. Have you simplified your life? Knowing what really matters and putting your time and energy there is a great help for living fully. It’s not the material things that bring true happiness, it’s friends, family, good food, pets, and time spent doing things you most enjoy.
Adapted from 50 Simple Ways to Pamper Yourself, by Stephanie Tourles (Storey Books, 1999). Copyright (c) 1999 by Stephaie Tourles. Reprinted by permission of Storey Books.
Adapted from 50 Simple Ways to Pamper Yourself, by Stephanie Tourles (Storey Books, 1999).