Sesame Zucchini Fritters
These zucchini fritters are the perfect way to use the bounty of summer squash available this season. If you have a food processor they come together in no time at all and are naturally vegan and gluten-free. Simply gather your ingredients, process, add dry ingredients, and form into balls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and pop them in the oven. Twenty minutes later crispy orbs of zucchini delight will emerge, ready to be dipped in any number of sauces or condiments. My personal favorite is a lemony avocado mayo. Simply combine 1/4 of a ripe avocado, mashed, with a few tablespoons of vegan mayo and a squeeze of lemon juice. A pinch of sea salt and pepper and you have yourself a perfect light summer meal. Enjoy!
Yield : 18-20 Prep Time : 10m Cook Time : 20m Ready In : 30m
- 2 small-medium zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp flax meal
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly oil baking sheet, or line with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process onion, garlic, parsley and zucchini until all are a uniform size.Transfer veggies to a large bowl and add all the dry ingredients, baking powder through flax meal. Stir well.
- Wet your hands (mixture will be a bit sticky) and form into small golf ball sized dollops. Place on baking sheet evenly spread apart, and sprinkle the top of each with a generous amount of sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven, flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes until crispy and golden brown. You may have to adjust cooking time based on oven, so give them a check around 8 minutes.
- Serve with a simple lemony avocado mayo (see above) or any condiment of choice. Lovely on their own, as an appetizer, or atop a salad.