Crunchy, sweet and nutrient-rich, carrots add texture and color to both savory and sweet dishes.
These six carrot recipes range from vegan soups, to salads, to sweet muffins, all of which are full of beta-carotene and flavor!
This first spread is a group favorite, which we serve at all our educational events. It’s perfect to top off your salad or make a hearty wrap.
Creamy Carrot Cashew Paté
- 2 1/2–3 cups cashew pieces (raw)
- 4 small carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 small sweet onion (optional)
- 1–2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1/4 cup oil (optional, but creates creaminess)
- 1-2 tbsp. tamari (to taste)
- 1/3–1/2 cup water
- sea salt, to taste
1. Soak cashew pieces in water for 15–20 minutes, until soft, then drain excess water.
2. In a food processor, using the “S” shaped blade, blend the sliced carrots as finely as possible. Add onion and/or garlic and blend again. Add oil and cashews a little at a time and blend until smooth. Add water and tamari. Stop the machine intermittently and scrape the sides with a rubber spatula; blend again until smooth.
3. Creaminess is essential in a paté. Chill and serve.
Next: Creamy Carrot Coconut Soup