Coconut and carrot together? This soup proves that they’re the perfect blend!
Creamy Carrot Coconut Soup
- 1 tbsp. oil (optional)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 tsp. tamari or substitute
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1–2 tsp. sea salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 cups water
1. In a soup pot, sauté onion in oil or in two to three tablespoons of water. After two minutes, add garlic and stir.
2. When the onions are getting soft, add carrots and stir in tamari. Simmer on low for three minutes, stirring often.
3. Add remaining seasonings and four cups of water. Bring to a near boil, cover and simmer on low until carrots are soft. Add coconut milk and stir.
4. Let cool, then remove and blend half of the carrots and broth in a blender, using additional water if desired. Use caution when blending anything hot; it expands in the blender and can push the top off. (Use less water for a thicker, creamier soup.)
Next: Quick & Easy Carrot Salad