Our Easy Carrot Grain Loaf is a hearty, scrumptious and versatile dish. You can even use leftover grain from the night before to make it or add your own variation of tasty veggies!
Easy Carrot Grain Loaf
yields 1 loaf
- 2 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup grain of choice (uncooked)
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1/2 lb. (1 cup) organic tofu, rinsed & drained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1–2 tsp. each: garlic & onion powder
- 1 large onion, diced, sautéed
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tamari or substitute
- 1/2 cup tahini dressing*
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2–3 tbsp. mustard (optional)
1. Cook grains and set aside to cool (you can make the grain, let it cool and refrigerate it overnight as well.)
2. In a food processor, using the “S” shaped blade, blend all ingredients except grains, carrots and onions until smooth. In a large bowl, mix this into the grains and carrots.
3. Place into an oiled casserole and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden-brown.
Variation: Instead of putting this dish into an oiled casserole dish, form the mixture into small patties and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, making your own veggie/grain burgers.
yields 1 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tsp. tamari or substitute
- spices or herbs of choice (optional)
In a blender, blend all ingredients. (Use 1/4 cup more water for a thinner dressing to pour on salad.) Keeps for up to two days in the refrigerator.
• Variation ~ 1 tsp. curry powder may be added for a delicious curry-tahini dressing.