Which Carbohydrates are Winning in Your Life?
Finally! It seems like the low-carb wave is declining as people are starting to realize that it’s about “smart carbs,” not “no carbs”!
Smart Carbs are:
Smart carbs are complex carbohydrates. You can have carbs, as long as you choose them carefully–that is why they are called smart! It’s all about balance. The body’s muscles need smart carbs as fuel and so does the brain.
Carbs that are NOT SMART:
- Food that is full of refined carbohydrates like sugary (even those made with honey, maple syrup, etc.) cakes & cookies.
- White bread & pasta.
- White rice.
- Bottled and canned fruits and juices.
- Pops/sodas and other sugar products.
They are simply empty calories with very little to no nutrition in them. IF IT’S WHITE, IT’S NOT RIGHT!
The Best Smart Carbs are:
- Fruits and vegetables, especially the green ones that grow above the ground like kale or dark, leafy lettuce.
- Beans such as kidney beans and garbanzo beans.
- Seeds including as sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Nuts such as almonds.
- Whole grains such as brown rice, millet, quinoa, buckwheat, whole wheat bread & pasta, multigrain cereal/bread, oatmeal and oat bran.
Next: Why you need carbs