Did you know that dreams can be used to answer questions and solve problems?
They can, and it’s easy to learn how. We all possess what Dr. Larry Dossey calls, “an inner source of healing and strength that operates behind the scenes with no help whatsoever from our conscious mind.” This source is our “secret helper,” and it is most often revealed to us through dreams.
People in many cultures have used dreams as the basis for healing and problem solving. Here’s how:
Before you request a specific dream, be sure to relax your mind and body as completely as possible.
1. Decide in advance what you want to dream, what you want the dream to resolve, or what question you want answered.
2. Write your desired dream or question on a piece of paper. Be as specific as you can, but don’t ask about silly or trivial matters, such as what dress to wear or if so-and-so likes you.
3. Put the paper under your pillow or near your bed.
4. Tell yourself with conviction that you will have the dream you want.
5. Believe that you can trust yourself to dream the dream you ask for.
6. Be prepared to write down the dream when you wake up.
7. Be open to whatever comes to you in your dream, and work with it.
8. Tell yourself you will remember the dream in detail.
9. Be willing to experiment and try again, if necessary.