Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash (Recipe)
Looking for a (slightly) milder version? Remove the seeds of the fresh chile, and add a little of the chopped chile at a time to reach desired taste.
Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash.
- 2 Acorn squash, halved lengthwise, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch wide wedges
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- About 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
- 1-2 Teaspoons finely chopped fresh hot red chile
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Arrange oven so that the racks are in the upper 1/3 and the lower 1/3. Preheat to 450 degrees F.
2. Place squash wedges in a bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Transfer wedges, cut sides facing down, to 2 large baking pans. Place pans in oven and roast until tender and golden brown on the undersides, 25-35 minutes; switch the pans halfway through roasting.
3. Meanwhile, mash minced garlic with 2 pinches of salt to form a paste. Place the paste in a small bowl. Add lime juice, chile, and cilantro and whisk to combine. Drizzle in remaining 1/4 cup oil while continuing to whisk until vinaigrette is emulsified.
4. Place squash on serving platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Recipe Credit: Epicurious.