The price we pay for the complexity of life is too high.
Most of us could use some help managing our busy, often-hectic lives. If your stress levels are rising and your to-do lists are getting longer and longer, these sweet and simple tips can help you to take a deep breath of relief. Serenity will blossom in you when you feel more relaxed, one of the hallmarks of real inner beauty.
This is such great advice for making your life a saner and more beautiful place to be!
1. Even if you donít meditate, you can practice one of meditationís most valuable lessons: do only what you are doing, be only where you are.
2. Keep downtime sacred and donít feel guilty about it.
3. Find some quiet time to think . . . about where you are in life, about your goals, about your disappointments, and so on. Insight can be very curative and energizing, but it requires thought.
4. Be sure to avoid exercising too close to bedtime. It can be too stimulating and interfere with your sleep.
5. Warm milk is a natural tranquilizer and calcium helps you relax. Try a glass at night before you go to bed.
6. Take a Sunday afternoon nap.
7. Drop out of one committee or evening meeting and dedicate that time to family activities.
8. Take five minutes to relax your back, neck, and facial muscles.
9. Stop and think about what you enjoy thatís readily accessible.
10. Remember: you may have more control over your time than you think.
Adapted from Keeping Life Simple, by Karen Levine (Storey Books, 2004). Copyright (c) 2004 by Karen Levine. Reprinted by permission of Story Books.
Adapted from Keeping Life Simple, by Karen Levine (Storey Books, 2004).