Strawberries have been used for centuries to whiten teeth! Who knew? Here is an easy and delicious way to have pearly teeth that is simple to do and tastes great, and–best of all–it really works!
Here are the easy steps:
3-6 ripe strawberries
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup water
1. Puree the berries in a blender and pour into a small dish.
2. Using a cosmetic brush or your toothbrush, paint the strawberry paste on your teeth and let sit on teeth for 5 minutes.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon of the baking soda and the cream of tartar into the cup of water. Swish this mixture around in your mouth.
4. Brush your teeth with the teaspoon of plain baking soda.
5. Rinse with cool, clear water.
Adapted from The Herbal Home Spa by Greta Breedlove (Storey Books, 1998). Copyright (c) 1998 by Greta Breedlove. Reprinted by permission of Storey Books.
Adapted from The Herbal Home Spa by Greta Breedlove (Storey Books, 1998).