Summer Bowtie Pasta
This pasta salad is perfect for summertime potlucks! It’s quick, easy, inexpensive to make — and the best part is that people won’t think twice about it being vegan!
Approx. cost per serving: $0.70
Servings : 6-8 Prep Time : 10m Cook Time : 20m Ready In : 30m
- 1 bag of Farfalle pasta
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6.5 oz bottle of marinated artichoke quarters, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- juice of one lemon + 1/2 tsp lemon rind
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cherry tomatoes, in halves to garnish
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan add olive oil, onions, garlic and saute until onions are translucent. Add artichoke quarters, garbanzo beans, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper and let simmer over medium heat for five minutes. Add drained pasta, mix well.
- Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes and freshly grated pepper.