A tall glass of iced tea, dripping with condensation, accessorized by a lemon slice is an icon of relief from summer heat. A kind of oasis in a glass. If you’re an adventurous tea lover, you might try branching out beyond the traditional sun tea this summer. The following recipes put a spin on iced tea, but the distinctive flavor of tea is still recognizable.
Iced Tea Smoothie
Makes 2 mugs
- The perfect smoothie for tea lovers.
1 cup double-strength chilled tea
½ cup lemon non-fat yogurt
1. Blend tea and yogurt in a blender for 20 seconds.
2. Pour into chilled mugs and garnish with a slice of lemon.
Summer Tea Punch
Makes 24 punch cup servings
- A bubbly tea-based punch with zing.
2 cups very strong chilled tea
1 quart apple cider
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 quart chilled ginger ale
Lemons, sliced thinly
1. Combine tea, cider and lemon juice in a punch bowl.
2. Just before serving, add ice cubes and stir in the ginger ale.
3. Top with lemon slices for garnish.
Flavored and Berry Ice Cubes
Keep your iced tea flavored by freezing lemonade, peach nectar or your favorite juices in ice cube trays. Add these cubes to your iced tea to maintain flavor once cubes have melted. Alternatively, place 3 or 4 raspberries in each ice cube tray compartment. Once frozen, add several berry cubes to your glass of iced tea to add a bit of fun and color.
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.