Proponents of raw food say that cooking breaks down a food’s vitamin and mineral content. Luckily, there are lots of tasty ways to get some raw kale into your diet!
6. Raw Tuscan kale salad – 101 Cookbooks has a delicious recipe for a raw kale salad. You can leave off the cheese to make this a vegan dish!
7. Raw kale avocado salad – Happy Foody’s raw kale salad is filling enough to eat as a main dish, if you add some raw nuts to bulk it out.
8. Make a green smoothie – toss a handful of raw kale (ribs removed) into your next smoothie for a nutritional boost.
9. Raw sesame kale – This recipe reminds me a little bit of oshitashi, that steamed Japanese spinach dish. Yum!
10. Raw kale and broccoli salad – Heather Nauta pairs up raw kale with another superfood – broccoli – for a tasty, nutritious dish.
photo by Becky Striepe