10 Avocado Recipes
Avocado Tips: Choosing a ripe avocado may seem tricky, but don’t fret! A ripe avocado gives a bit when you squeeze it gently, but it shouldn’t feel mushy – just tender. You also don’t have to skip the avocado just because you can’t find a ripe one at the store. Toss an unripe avocado into a paper bag with a banana. Fold the bag closed, and check it once a day. It should ripen within a couple of days this way. Once your avocado is ripe, store it in the fridge to make it last longer.
1. Avocado Corn Cups – Who needs a bowl when you can eat a yummy, organic corn salad right out of an avocado?
2. Avocado Pudding – This might sound a little iffy, but avocado makes a great base for pudding! Just toss it in the blender with some cocoa powder and the liquid sweetener of your choice. If you need more deets, check out these ideas for making avocado pudding.
3. Vegan Avocado Alfredo Sauce – Who needs butter and cream? Make a decadent alfredo sauce with avocado as the base instead!
4. Creamy Avocado Potato Salad – Mashed replaces the mayo in this healthy, tasty side dish.
5. Avocado and Pomegranate Salad – Two superfoods team up in this delicious salad.
Related Reading: Superfood: 10 Delicious Pomegranate Recipes
6. Avocado Reuben Sandwich – Talk about decadent!
7. Vegan Enchiladas with Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce – I’ve always said that avocado is perfect for mimicking the creaminess of cheese, and this recipe proves it!
8. Avocado and Basil Mayonnaise – The avocado base for this recipe gives you the creaminess of mayo without any high cholesterol eggs.
9. Mexican Pizza – Another delicious example of avocado standing in for saturated fat-laden cheese!
10. Avocado Lime Cupcakes – The avocado adds a bit of richness to these decadent vegan cupcakes.
Do you have a favorite way to eat avocado? Let’s share more recipes and tips in the comments!