Quinoa is more than just a delicious side dish. It’s also a superfood that’s packed with nutrients! Check out the health benefits of quinoa and some delicious recipe ideas to help you include more of this superfood in your diet.
All About Quinoa: Health Benefits
An ancient grain that’s a little bit chewy, a little bit crunchy, and adds a nutty flavor to any meal, quinoa is a whole grain and one of the few plant foods that’s a complete protein, meaning it provides all of the essential amino acids that your body needs. It’s also an excellent source of minerals like:
- calcium for bone health
- phosphorus, which also contributes to healthy bones as well as maintaining hormone balance and for cell repair
- magnesium, which helps your body absorb calcium to improve bone health and can also help women reduce PMS symptoms
- potassium for healthier muscles and kidneys and to protect your body against stroke, high blood pressure, and anxiety
- copper to help your body absorb iron
- zinc, a mineral that supports a healthy immune system
- iron for healthy blood and to prevent anemia
It’s also high in fiber, which aids digestion and is important for heart health.
So, how can you work a little more quinoa into your diet? Check out some delicious quinoa recipes on the next page!
Related Reading>> Superfood: 10 Tasty Kale Recipes