Hobbies, Projects, Home Improvement & More.
10. Upgrade Your Flower Arrangement. Take your flower arrangement to the next level by securing the bouquet with a zip tie before placing it in a vase. Don’t make it too tight, of course, but the flowers won’t move around in water and it’ll look just how you envisioned it! You can also make fabulous wreaths by securing flowers and other items together with cable ties.
11. Ride Your Bike Safely in the Snow. Drivers sometimes use chains to safely navigate snowy, mountainous roads, so, it only makes sense that bicyclists could benefit from the same treatment. Keep your ride wipeout-free by attaching cable ties to your tires. Click here for detailed instructions on this ingenious trick.
12. Securely Ship Stuff. Cable ties are often used in product packaging to keep stuff securely in place. By that same notion, use cable ties to hold whatever you’re mailing out in place.
13. Ridiculously Easy (And Cheap!) DIY Storage. With a couple (free!) plastic milk crates, and a couple cable ties, you can create durable storage for less than $1. Attach milk crates to each other with cable ties, and you’ve got yourself one sturdy storage system. You can even hang it on the wall!
14. Unclog a Drain. No fancy tools or toxic chemicals needed. In fact, you don’t need any chemicals at all! You get out all that gross gunk from your drain with just a cable tie, believe it or not. Click here for detailed instructions.