7 Simple Ways to Create Calm Around You
“Peace is present right here and now, in ourselves and in everything we do and see. Every breath we take, every step we take, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity. The question is whether or not we are in touch with it. We need only to be awake, alive in the present moment.” Just reading these beautiful words by Thich Nhat Hanh brings a sense of calm to a chaotic mind. Whenever you can, stop to browse peace-promoting words.
Here are some more ideas to help you clear the clutter from within and around you.
- Create a pleasant entryway into your home. A ceramic bowl, some books, flowers are all it takes to say a quiet and friendly “welcome.” Let the first steps you take into your home lead you into a calm, healing space.
- Keep your yard free of debris and your cupboards free of clutter. It is amazing how calming a well-organized, neat space can be.
- Play soft music and dim the lights once the sun sets. This helps the body and mind slide gently into rest mode.
- Have plants such as ficus, palm and spider plant inside your home. They soothe the mind, require little care and reduce indoor pollution.
- If you have space for it, place a small indoor fountain in your home or office. Its gentle sound will keep you stress-free all day.
- Don’t let cables and wires spill spaghetti-like around your work space. Tie them up neatly and tuck them behind the desk. Visual clutter can be more disturbing than we realize.
- Put up healing decorations indoors, such as aromatherapy candles and fresh flowers. Wherever the eye travels, it should be greeted by a calm, pleasing sight.
Wish you peace and joy.