Sweet Pea and Mint Dip (Recipe)
The days are getting longer and the flowers are in bloom. Yep, it’s finally spring! And what better way to celebrate than with some fresh, seasonal foods? Check out this recipe for sweet pea and mint dip.
Serve the dip at room temperature with a sliced baguette or pita bread.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Cup onion, chopped
- 3 Cups fresh or frozen peas, shelled
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 3 Tablespoons fresh spearmint, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
1. In a small pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft but are not yet browned. Stir in peas and 3/4 cup water. Cover pot and bring mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 additional minutes. Drain peas and onions in a sieve propped inside of a bowl.
2. Transfer pea-onion mixture to a food processor. Add in tahini, mint, sour cream and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper. Pulse until roughly pureed. Adjust seasoning to taste. Let cool before serving. If desired, stir in lemon juice.
Recipe Credit: Simply Recipes