This pumpkin oatmeal recipe is a rich, delicious way to start your morning. The texture is almost like pudding, because the pumpkin makes this dish so rich. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook time: 5 minutes; Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree – you can use homemade or canned
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- Combine all of your ingredients except for the coconut milk in a small pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on medium low for 5 minutes.
- Transfer your oatmeal to a bowl, stir in the coconut milk, and serve!
Image Credit: photo by Becky Striepe
Related: 10 More Pumpkin Recipes