10 Core Beliefs
What are your core beliefs about God, religion, spirituality, the nature of reality, and the meaning of life? Every spiritual seeker–indeed, everyone who has ever given any of these questions deep thought–will be intrigued, moved, and inspired by these 10 core beliefs as expressed by this profound philosopher and open-hearted thinker.
Read the 10 core beliefs here. Do you wish more of the world’s religious leaders felt this way? See if you agree:
1. I believe that God is the Source and Substance of all reality.
2. I believe that God is one, and that God’s oneness necessitates one world, one humanity, and one moral code–justice and compassion for all.
3. I believe that God includes and transcends the physical world; that nature is God manifest in time and space.
4. I believe that God is the Ever-Present Reality dwelling in, with, and as all things.
5. I believe that God can be understood and approached in many ways, and that no one way is wrong if it leads to universal justice and compassion.
6. I believe that the prophets of all nations speak truth when they speak to universal justice and compassion, and false when they do not.
7. I believe that our thoughts, words, and deeds can lead us closer to or farther from God and godliness.
8. I believe that our thoughts, words, and deeds have consequences and that we must consider them before we speak or act.
9. I believe that I am a temporary manifestation of God, the singular Source and Substance of all reality; that I can glimpse my true nature through meditation and prayer; and that I will fully and joyfully awake to my true nature upon my death.
10. I believe that what matters is what you think, for that will determine what you do.
Adapted from Open Secrets, by Rami M. Shapiro (Monkfish Book Publishing, 2004). Copyright (c) 2004 by Rami M. Shapiro. Reprinted by permission of Monkfish Book Publsihing.
Adapted from Open Secrets, by Rami M. Shapiro (Monkfish Book Publishing, 2004).